- 1.Set SAML_DATABASE_URL to a postgres database. Please use a different database than the main Cal instance since the migrations are separate for this database. For example
- 2.Set SAML_ADMINS to a comma separated list of admin emails from where the SAML metadata can be uploaded and configured.
- 3.Create a SAML application with your Identity Provider (IdP) using the instructions here - SAML Setup
- 4.Remember to configure access to the IdP SAML app for all your users (who need access to Cal).
- 5.You will need the XML metadata from your IdP later, so keep it accessible.
- 6.Log in to one of the admin accounts configured in SAML_ADMINS and then navigate to Settings -> Security.
- 7.You should see a SAML configuration section, copy and paste the XML metadata from step 5 and click on Save.
- 8.Your provisioned users can now log into Cal using SAML.
This guide explains the settings you need to use to configure SAML with your Identity Provider. Once this is set up you should get an XML metadata file that should then be uploaded on your Cal.com self-hosted instance.
Note: Please do not add a trailing slash at the end of the URLs. Create them exactly as shown below.
Entity ID / Identifier / Audience URI / Audience Restriction: https://saml.cal.com
Assertion Signature: Signed
Signature Algorithm: RSA-SHA256
Assertion Encryption: Unencrypted
Mapping Attributes / Attribute Statements:
id -> user.id
email -> user.email
firstName -> user.firstName
lastName -> user.lastName